We’re very excited to be taking part in The Big Give’s #EarthDay #GreenMatchFund campaign to raise more funds for Nature-based Solutions in Devon this spring.
During the week of 22 to 29 April 2022, every £1 donated to DEF via the Big Give website will be matched – meaning you can DOUBLE your impact for nature.*
There are many incredible local heroes working hard to protect and restore nature in Devon.
Some examples that DEF has funded to date include:
- the wonderful sight of Beavers returning to Devon’s waterways
- the growing number of people learning Regenerative Agriculture practices
- the empowerment of Wildlife volunteers to increase and enhance wildlife habitat in their communities
- the experimental trial to identify Mycelium and Biochar recipes to enhance soil and water quality
- the inspiring efforts to clean up Plastic Pollution from our coastline
- the pioneering pilot to prove the benefits of Seaweed Farming for coastal communities.
In the face of the climate and biodiversity emergencies, it’s clear that we are living in the decisive decade to create a legacy of nature regeneration, and one way to achieve this is for many more Devon nature-lovers to support DEF’s work.
A donation to DEF enables you to pool funds with like-minded donors to leverage your impact and make a positive difference to nature on your doorstep.
The funds we raise during the Green Match Fund campaign will be added to our quarterly grant budget to enable us to support even more brilliant Nature-based Solutions in Devon – unlocking maximum returns for nature.
Quotes from DEF Grantees:
“Without DEF’s support, encouragement, guidance, and funding we would never have been able to dream big and develop a future beacon training centre. Their funding enabled us to help grow the future of regenerative farming, forestry and food production in Devon and beyond.” – Rachel Phillips, The Apricot Centre’s Regenerative School
“DEF is our main funder and their flexibility and interest in what we are doing has been an enormous encouragement, enabling our volunteers to deliver some wonderful projects for wildlife in Teignbridge!” – Audrey Compton, Action on Climate in Teignbridge’s Wildlife Wardens
Quotes from DEF Supporters:
“DEF is doing an incredible job of discovering pioneering nature regeneration projects. It’s a brilliant way to expand our mission of reconnecting people to nature and their natural human potential, and to kickstart a halo of positive change for a regenerative future.”
– Galahad Clark, CEO of Vivobarefoot
“Everywhere you look there are brilliant people working to create positive environmental change. Small amounts of funding, strategically directed, can supercharge this work.”
– Ben Goldsmith, Founder of the Conservation Collective, DEF’s parent charity
We welcome donations which will enable us to nurture more grassroots Nature-based Solutions, helping them to replicate and scale their impact. You can see all the projects we have previously funded here.
Ready to give back to nature this Earth Day?
Find out more about our ‘Green Match Fund’ campaign here, and make ONE donation with TWICE the impact between midday 22nd April and midday 29th April 2022.
We are very grateful for your support!
* Our target is to raise £20,000 through online donations during the week to access our full match fund pot of £20,000 – to raise a total of £40,000.