A second year of core funding for this exemplary grassroots organisation. Plastic Free North Devon protects and improves the environment through community-led action: tackling plastic pollution head-on; facilitating sustainable behavioural change, and inspiring reconnection with nature.
In year one, DEF’s funding enabled PFND to pilot ideas, build impactful campaigns, and cover some core funding costs for the team.
Year two funding will enable PFND to continue to develop and evolve its impact. This grant will support:
- Education: Developing their core environmental education programme with key North Devon stakeholders
- Campaigning: Progressing key environmental campaigns such as ‘Single-use Cup Free Braunton’
- Beach Cleans: Setting up a third location for regular scheduled Cleanse and Clean days
- Tourist Outreach: Developing further elements to the successful Visitor Campaign to expand its reach and effectiveness
- Community Engagement: Progressing their plan to provide community groups with sustainability support through an ambassador network, and offering sustainability advice for local events.
See mini impact update with images HERE.
See PFND in our video series, The Nature Restorers, HERE.
Photo credits: Images courtesy of Plastic Free North Devon.